Discover the news in finance
- Walmart to eliminate single-use plastic bags across Canada by early 2022on 9 December 2021 at 3h07
Walmart Canada is set to eliminate the use of single-use plastic bags for in-store purchases, online grocery pickup and deliveries by early next year, the company announced on Tuesday.
- Kenney touts 'Alberta is back' in first speech to Calgary Chamber since 2019on 8 December 2021 at 21h31
Premier Jason Kenney used his first address to the Calgary Chamber of Commerce since the start of the pandemic to tout the recovery of Alberta's economy amid high energy prices.
- Dollarama well-stocked for holidays but faces supply chain, inflation pressureson 8 December 2021 at 20h19
Dollarama Inc. says it's well-stocked for the busy holiday shopping period despite facing ongoing supply chain issues, inflationary pressure and a tight labour market across Canada.
- Gap agrees to $200,000 fine for allegedly violating Canada's anti-spam law: CRTCon 8 December 2021 at 19h09
Canada's telecommunications regulator says Gap Inc. has agreed to pay $200,000 for allegedly violating Canada's anti-spam legislation.
- Better.com CEO apologizes for firing employees over Zoom, 3 execs resignon 8 December 2021 at 19h05
The founder and CEO of Better.com has apologized for firing 900 employees over Zoom just before the holidays.
- Dubai is switching its work week to align with global marketson 8 December 2021 at 17h50
The United Arab Emirates and its international finance hub Dubai are switching to a four-and-a-half-day work week ending at midday Friday to make it easier to do business globally.
- U.S. risks 'chilling' regulations on crypto, industry warns Congresson 8 December 2021 at 16h37
Top executives from six cryptocurrency firms told Congress on Wednesday to tread lightly in imposing new rules on digital assets - or risk sending activity underground or outside the United States.
- China's Evergrande edges closer to default after missing debt deadlineon 8 December 2021 at 16h24
China Evergrande did not make payments on some U.S. dollar bonds at the end of a month-long grace period, sources familiar with the situation told Reuters on Tuesday, setting the stage for a massive default by the world's most indebted property developer.
- Bank of Canada keeps key interest rate on holdon 8 December 2021 at 10h45
Canada's central bank has sent a warning that increases in the cost of living would continue into next year, but signalled it wasn't yet prepared to pull its key lever to rein in inflation.
- 'It's farmers helping farmers': B.C. farmers get aid from Ontario counterpartson 8 December 2021 at 1h32
Forty-eight dairy farms in Sumas Prairie, B.C. remain under evacuation order because of historic floods that have washed away most of their feed. However, dairy farmers in Ontario are stepping up to help by donating milk replacer.